No Matter What: Me and My Family


PLEA Resources

PLEA publishes several publications that deal with separation and divorce. All of PLEA’s resources are available at no charge.

PLEA’s ParentEdge provides parents who are separating or divorcing with access to child-centred information to help them deal with a variety of family law issues. The resource aims to reinforce the fact that parental responsibilities continue despite changes to the family unit. A colourful, child-friendly poster provides opportunities for parents to hear their child’s point of view and suggestions they might have for honouring the ideas expressed. It also provides opportunities for parents to offer reassurance that, no matter what, they will always be there to nurture, protect and provide for their children.

PLEA’s Family Law Saskatchewan site is designed to help individuals in Saskatchewan who are facing separation and divorce without a lawyer. Individuals who have a lawyer may also find the information helpful. If the matter must go to court, the free Form Wizard will determine the required court forms and produce ready-to-file court forms using a plain
language question and answer format. Email support is available to assist with form completion but not legal advice. Individuals needing legal advice should consult a lawyer.

Other PLEA Publications
Abusive Relationships
Child and Spousal Support
Custody and Access
Changing Your Name
When Couples Separate

Other Organisations

Abuse Help Lines

Found in the front of SaskTel’s Telephone Directory, the Abuse Help Lines page provides information about abuse and contact information for helping agencies and transition houses.
Phone: 306-522-3515

Collaborative Lawyers of Saskatchewan Inc.
Provides information about the collaborative law process, answers to frequently asked questions and tools designed to help you find a collaborative professional in your area.
Toll-free: 1-866-347-8545

Conflict Resolution Saskatchewan
Provincial organization that can provide information to help you choose a mediator as well as listings for mediators throughout the province.
Toll-free: 1-866-565-3938

Custody and Access to Children
The Supervised Access/Exchange Program is a service facilitated by social workers and trained observers. They provide the services necessary to ensure that children have access to their non-custodial parent in a safe setting.
Phone: 306-787-9416 (Regina)
Phone: 306-933-5535 (Saskatoon)

Custody and Parenting, Family Law – Department of Justice Canada
Provides information on parenting after separation and divorce, including a parenting guide, an online calendar to help children keep track of special events in their lives, including times they are supposed to be with each parent, and resources written for children.
Toll-free: 1-888-373-2222

Government of Canada – Federal Child Support Guidelines
Provides information about the Child Support Guidelines, including tools to calculate income and child support amounts.
Toll-free: 1-888-373-2222
Online resource for parents, kids and teens including interactive activities and guides.

Family Matters: Assisting Families through Separation and Divorce
Provides information and resources to deal with a changing family situation and assistance to resolve urgent and outstanding issues.
Toll-free: 1-844-863-3408
Provides legal services to eligible individuals for family law matters including custody and access, child and spousal support, separation and divorce.

Maintenance Enforcement Office
Provides services to individuals paying or receiving child support to simplify the process and use enforcement measures when necessary.
Phone: 306-787-9931 (Regina)
Toll-free: 1-866-247-7838

Parenting after Separation and Divorce Program
In any family law proceeding (except for inter-jurisdictional support orders) in which custody, access or child support is an issue, the parents must take part in the Parenting after Separation and Divorce program.
Toll-free: 1-888-218-2822 (Regina Unit)
Toll-free: 1-877-964-5501 (Saskatoon Unit)